We're so thankful for everyone who responded by turning in their pledge cards so far as well as their time and talent surveys from our Stewardship Campaign this year.
If you have not yet turned your financial pledge or volunteer survey into the church, it's not too late. You can bring them to worship with you this Sunday and put them in the offering plates or drop them by the church office during regular office hours.
Your financial pledges in particular help us determine our budget for the coming year - we'll have our first task force meeting next week to begin working on the budget cap.
Upwards Basketball and Cheerleading returns for another season at Community in 2019. We have another signup this coming Monday night, from 6-8pm in the Family Life Center. Both basketball and cheerleading are open to students in grades K-8. Cost is $75 per student for the season, including the uniform. First practice is December 18th and the season runs in January-February.
4. Looking Ahead to Advent - Be sure to mark these dates on your calendar for things coming up this season of Advent -
* Holiday Grief Seminar - Saturday December 8th from 10:30am to noon in the Fellowship Hall (no charge; call church office to RSVP)
* Many Moods of Christmas concerts by our very own Chancel Choir - Sunday December 9th at 3:30pm and 6pm
* Blue Christmas Worship Service - Sunday December 16th at 3:30pm
* Christmas Eve Worship - contemporary service at 5pm in the Family Life Center; traditional services at 7pm and 9pm in the sanctuary
We have just two weeks of GROW NIGHT classes left: December 5th and December 12th.
GROW Night classes will take a break from December 19 through January 9th. Dinner will resume on Wednesday January 9th and a new slate of classes will resume on Wednesday January 16th, 2019.
Our Christmas Eve offering at all our evening services will once again ALL be going to missions. You raised over $10,000 last year for Water is Basic, to provide clean drinking water in Africa. This year, we will be raising money for Hurricane Michael Relief in the Alabama-West Florida Conference. One of the congregations in our conference is still matching gifts for Hurricane Michael Relief through the end up the year, so that means every dollar you give on Christmas Eve will actually be doubled!
If you won't be here for Christmas Eve and would like to donate ahead of time, you can put your check in the offering plate or offering boxes (9Thirty and Seven02) and mark it "Christmas Eve offering" on the memo line. We'll make sure it all gets where it needs to go!
Have a wonderful week and we will see you on Sunday!