The first Winterfest Committee meeting will be Monday August 20th at 6pm in Room 208/210. If you're interested in helping coordinating an area of this important free block party for our community, come on out. Winterfest is coming on Saturday February 2, 2019.
Those wishing to volunteer with our after school program Wonderful Wednesday will have a training session on Wednesday August 29 at 3pm in Room 208/210. Wonderful Wednesday runs from September through April of each school year. Do you have a fun skill or talent you would like to teach the kids? Would you be willing to be a helper in one of the rooms? Come on out for the training.
- The first way is with the tech aspects of worship at our 8am and 11am worship services. We will provide all the training, but we need people to help with the PowerPoint and soundboard operations during the services. These positions are very important to the flow and experience of worship and truly add to our time together.
- The other area we are looking for people is to drive a golf cart helping transport people to and from our parking lots. This is often our first point of contact and is extremely important in helping people feel welcome.
5. Be In the Know! - One of the great things about Community is all the options and choices you have to help make disciples and build the Kingdom. And we want you to know about as many of them as possible. The best way to do that is for you to sign up for any of the various ways we have set up to communicate with you. Here is a list of them and how you can sign up or follow them:
- Churchwide Email System - just call the church office to sign up, (352) 787-1829 or email us by clicking here.
- Pastor's Blog - you can find the blog by clicking here. Once you are there, bookmark it and you can even subscribe to have email updates of new posts sent to you automatically. The subscribe box is on the side underneath Pastor Debbie's Photo and Bio. Once you subscribe, don't forget to confirm that subscription by responding to the email you will receive, so the emails will start being delivered to you.
- Our Church Website - you can find our church website by clicking here. Don't forget to bookmark it once you are there.
- Our Church Facebook Page - there are many updates, photos, and even Facebook Live Videos we post on this page, a great resource! You can find that page by clicking here.
- Our Church Instagram Page - where we host many pictures of church events showing how we are living out our faith in Fruitland Park and beyond. You can find that page by clicking here.
- Our Church Text Messaging Feature - get updates about the church sent to you via text message (text message and data rates may apply). You can sign up for that by sending the text message @cumcfp to the number 81010. Texts will usually arrive during church office hours.
- Our Church Publications - and as always you can find great information in our weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter.