Parking Reminder- We're encouraging our members to "park politely." That means for those who are physically able, please park at the Fruitland Park Elementary School lot (accessed from Fountain Street) or at the remote lot on the corner of Catawba St/Rose Ave (we have golf cart shuttle from this lot). All of this will help make room in the main lot for those who need access to the handicapped spaces and also for our first time visitors. We have also been asked to no longer park on the grass of the red, brick house across the street, as renters will move in there soon. Thank you for your help in this!
2. New Member Class - We will be hosting our third quarter New Member's Class on Sunday August 20th, from noon to 4pm. Lunch will be provided. If you have been attending Community UMC and feel ready to take the step of joining the church, we would love to have you. If you are looking for more information about the church and our United Methodist heritage, this is also the place for you. Please call or email the church office to make a reservation.
3. Wonderful Wednesdays - As part of our ministry to the children of Fruitland Park Elementary and of this neighborhood, we are getting ready to gear up our Wonderful Wednesday program for this year, starting Wednesday September 6th. There are lots of ways that you can be involved in ministering to the over 100 children that will be on our campus each week. You can call the church office or email Faye Umble by clicking here. This is our chance to share the grace and love of Christ with the children of this community and we need you to help us to do that.
- One is with the tech aspects of worship at our 8am and 11am worship services. We will provide all the training, but we need people to help with the PowerPoint and sound board operations during the services. These positions are very important to the flow and experience of worship and truly add to our time together.
- The second is with ushers at our 11am service. Again all the training will be provided.
- And the third is helping to coordinate greeters for our 8am service.
We have opportunities for you to be involved with planting, maintenance of the garden, and working with the children from our Wonderful Wednesday program and the elementary school to teach them about gardening. Produce from the garden will benefit families from the school as well as our food pantry. Please email Pastor Debbie if you are interested in helping by clicking here. We would love to have you be a part of this incredible opportunity!
Have a great week and we will see you Sunday!