Jesus makes this statement about himself in John 10:1-10 as a means to express the depth of God's redemption, grace and mercy in our lives.
We will also have the opportunity to celebrate communion in all three services and a baptism at the 9:30 service. Invite a friend, or a even a neighbor, and we hope to see you all there at either 8am, 9:30am, or 11am!
2. Rise Against Hunger - In 2015 we participated in a meal packaging event with Stop Hunger Now where we packed over 20,000 meals for hungry children around the world in our Family Life Center. It was a rousing success and benefited a great number of young people. We are happy to announce that we are doing it again! The company and the mission are the same, only the name has changed.
They are now Rise Against Hunger and they are coming here THIS Sunday, April 2nd. Setup will begin at 12:45pm and we will begin packing the meals at 1:30pm. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Palm Sunday - During our Sunday services for Palm Sunday on April 9th, the confirmation class will be recognized as they join our church family!
- Maundy Thursday - We will hold a Maundy Thursday Service on Thursday, April 13th in our Sanctuary at 6:30pm. This will be a time to remember and reflect on Christ's last meal with his disciples. There will also be a time where the clergy in our congregation will be available to wash your feet.
- Good Friday - There will be a Good Friday service at Noon, hosted by New Covenant UMC, in The Villages. All the clergy of the United Methodist Churches in the area are participating as well the combined choirs.
- Sunrise Service - We will also host an Easter Sunrise Service in our parking lot at 6:45am on Easter Sunday morning, with Pastor Loida preaching.
4. Easter Egg Hunt - This year we will host our annual Easter Egg Hunt and Family Picnic on Saturday, April 15th at 11am.
Games, crafts, and more will be happening before and after the hunt! After the Easter Egg Hunt we will have our Family Picnic! Hot dogs and drinks will be provided; we just ask that you bring a picnic side dish to share.
Bring your kids and grandkids, or even invite a neighbor to come and bring their kids! It will be a great time of fun and fellowship!
5. Grow Night Dinners and Classes - Our Wednesday Dinners and GROW Night programs are in full swing and doing great! It's never too late to join one! Here's a brief look at the classes being offered for adults:
- Profiles in Courageous Faith - Pastor Debbie
- Disciple Fast Track - Pastor Loida
- Surprised by Hope - Pastor Daryl (Just began this study this week!)
- Knowing, Loving and Serving God - Don and Pat Holmes
- Workbook on Virtues and Fruit of the Spirit - Robbie Milam
- What the Prayers of Jesus Tell Us About the Heart of God - Marty Walton
- Young Adult Class - Kevin Milhorn
- First Place 4 Health - Kim Reed
* There will not be any GROW night classes during Holy Week - on Wednesday April 12th. The last week of GROW night classes for the semester will be Wednesday May 10th.
One is with the tech aspects of worship at our 8am and 11am worship services. We will provide all the training, but we need people to help with the PowerPoint and sound board operations during the services. These positions are very important to the flow and experience of worship and truly add to our time together.
The second is with ushers at our 11am service. We have an immediate need for ushers, during the month of April.
The third is helping to coordinate greeters for our 8am service.
If you are interested in helping with any of these opportunities, please contact the church office by clicking here or calling us at (352) 787-1829. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Have a great weekend and we will see you Sunday!