Thursday, October 6, 2016
1. Sunday Morning Worship - Makeovers, renovations and transformations are tremendously popular in our culture. In a sense as disciples we are all "Fixer Uppers" - called to be made over into the image of Jesus Christ. This week we will continue our series focusing on how the Holy Spirit works within us for transformation and then addressing some practical places where we often stumble in being transformed - as we talk about love being a action and not just a frame of thought. Pastor Loida is in the pulpit this week to share about "Love is a Verb" from I Corinthians 13. We hope you will invite a friend and make plans to join us each week, at 8am, 9:30am, or 11am for worship!
2. Sunday Morning Parking - Over the last several years we have been so blessed to be able to use the parking lot at Fruitland Park Elementary school on Sunday mornings for additional parking for our church family. With the construction on 466A/Miller Road, the County has gate access from this road into the school blocked off. We are still able to use the school parking lot, but during construction we will need to access the school parking lot from the entrance on Fountain Street. We wanted you to be aware of the change for your parking needs on Sunday mornings. Also, the offsite lot at the corner of Rose Avenue and Catawba Street is open and available with golf carts running back and forth.
3. Installation of New District Superintendent - You are cordially invited to attend the Service of Installation for our new District Superintendent, the Rev. June Edwards. The worship service will take place on Sunday, October 9th at 3pm in the sanctuary at the First United Methodist Church of Ocala. Not only is FUMC Ocala the site of our district offices, but it is the church that nurtured June Edwards as a member and as a candidate for ministry. It will be a wonderful service celebrating her gifts for ministry and the diversity and ministries of our own North Central District.
4. The Pumpkins are Coming! - Our annual Pumpkin Patch is right around the corner and there are many ways in which you can help support this mission and fundraising endeavor. We are looking for people to help unload the pumpkins, be storytellers, sell pumpkins in the patch, and setup and take down the patch. While this pumpkin patch does help raise funds for our youth and children's ministry, it is also a fantastic way to meet our neighbors and welcome them to our campus. You never know what seed might be planted or what prayer might be answered through our patch this year. We want to encourage you to pray about how you might be involved and also to read through Faye's article on page 8 in the October Newsletter by clicking here, for more details about the many ways you can plug in to this opportunity and Trunk N Treat! Hope to see you out there!
5. Hurricane Matthew - Weather in Florida is always unpredictable and at times dangerous. This weekend may be one of those dangerous times as Hurricane Matthew heads our way. As a precaution we have closed the Church Office and cancelled all activities for this Friday, October 7th. We want to encourage you to read Pastor Daryl's Midweek Moment this week that gives you more information about how we will proceed as the weekend arrives. You find that article by clicking here. Stay safe and we will see you soon!
Have a great week and see you all Sunday!