Invite a friend or even a neighbor, and we hope to see you all there at either 8am, 9:30am, or 11am!
We hope that you will enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday next week. We will be hosting a Thanksgiving meal in our Family Life Center at noon on Thursday the 23rd.
Here's a few things that will NOT be meeting next week because of the holiday:
* Wonderful Wednesday and Tutoring
* Wednesday Night Dinner and GROW Night classes
* Chancel Choir and Handbell Practice
* Pastor Loida's Thursday Bible study
* Church Office will be closed on Thursday (Nov 23rd) and Friday (Nov 24th)
The Rev. Malcolm Patterson will started this week on Wednesday as the new Minister of Visitation. "Mal" as he likes to be called, is a retired minister from the Evangelical Christian Church (previously an ordained deacon in the UMC) and has strong UMC roots and connection. He's spent most of his ministry as a deacon in the academic world as a school teacher, principal and superintendent of schools. In the last several years he has served as a professor training teachers most recently at Endicott College in Massachusetts, where he still serves remotely as a mentor for several Phd students. Paralleling his teaching career, Mal ministered in churches serving in a variety of roles, with preaching, visitation, teaching, leading in worship with communion, doing weddings, baptisms, funerals and more. Mal and his wife Joyce recently retired and moved from Massachusetts to Plantation in Leesburg - the two met as children in their local United Methodist Church. They have two adult children and grandchildren. Mal is very excited about this opportunity to minister and serve and get connected to Community. He is very warm and welcoming and gracious and everyone on the search committee felt that he had a presence that would fit in well with you and with the rest of the staff and the congregation.
* Holiday Grief Seminar - Saturday December 2 starting at 10:30am
* Christmas Grace concerts - Thursday December 7th at 6pm and Saturday December 9th at 2pm
* Many Moods of Christmas concerts - Sunday December 10th at 3:30pm and 6pm
* Blue Christmas Worship Service - Sunday December 17th at 3pm
* Christmas Eve MORNING worship - one service at 10:30am
* Christmas Eve EVENING worship - contemporary service at 5pm in the Family Life Center; traditional services at 7pm and 9pm in the sanctuary
Blessings! See you soon!