Parking Reminder - We're encouraging our members to "park politely." That means for those who are physically able, please park at the Fruitland Park Elementary School lot (accessed from Fountain Street) or at the remote lot on the corner of Catawba St/Rose Ave (we have golf cart shuttle from this lot). That makes room in the main lot for those who need access to the handicapped spaces and also for our first time visitors. Thanks for your help in this!
Also, you may signup your children or grandchildren for Vacation Bible School by clicking here.
This gathering will deal with the business of the church, share in the mission victories we have had as a Conference and a church, and set a plan for our future. The big item on the agenda this year is a proposal to reduce the number of districts we currently have from nine down to eight. Each of the sessions at Annual Conference will be live streamed if you would like to watch and follow along. We would covet your prayers during this time that we be faithful the mission and cause of Christ. For more information, including proposals and live streaming information, please click here.
4. Annual Conference Offering - Each year at Annual Conference, the Bishop collects a special offering for specific causes. This year the offering that is collected will go to benefit the Abundant Health for Haiti Fund and the Cuban Pastor Pension Initiative. These are two very worthy causes that do need our support. Your opportunity to contribute to this offering will be Sunday, June 11th. If you would like to contribute, please come prepared on June 11th and drop your contribution in the offering plate. If donating by check, please make the check out to CUMC and for all donations please designate it, Bishop's Offering. We will collect all the monies given and send them to the Conference Office for distribution. If you would like more information about these causes, you can read the Bishop's Letter by clicking here.
5. We Need You! - We are in need of volunteers to help with a few areas of the church.
- One is with the tech aspects of worship at our 8am and 11am worship services. We will provide all the training, but we need people to help with the PowerPoint and sound board operations during the services. These positions are very important to the flow and experience of worship and truly add to our time together.
- The second is with ushers at our 11am service.
- And the third is helping to coordinate greeters for our 8am service.
Have a great week and see you soon!